Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Silver lining

So I have been a complete misery to be around these last few days. Which means I have more or less been hiding out. Which means I have absolutely nothing positive to share. Friday I went straight from my last day of work for awhile (which ended up being really busy right about when I was going to leave) to the library, where I stayed until after 11 attempting to get a good start on my paper. All that culminated in was a few slides for my presentation. Saturday I was at the library from 12-10 and all I had to show for that was a pretty Power Point presentation and about 3 pages of the paper. I went home and proceeded to stay in and sort of work on the paper until I had 6 pages at around 3 a.m., at which time I received a drunk "I'm on my way back now, order some cheese fries now" dial from my lovely neighbor downstairs who considers me his bitch, justifiably I may add, considering I did, in fact, call up the diner and place the order. Sunday I could not bear to go to the library and attempted to write the remaining 14 pages from my couch. I could care less about the Jets and my spot in the playoffs in my FFL was locked up a week ago so I put the games on mute and attempted to do the same w/ the GMen...and then those a-holes had to make a game of it, forcing me to turn the sound on and pay attention to the 2nd half and then break my damn heart again. So even if Mr. Weinke happens to be the opposing QB this Sunday, I am sticking to my vow of remaining in the library and checking in on the Boys in Blue periodically in the student lounge. They don't deserve anything else. Kiwi made a completely unnecessary boneheaded move for the second straight week and I think Coughlin probably made him cry sometime in the last few days. If anyone on that team is even listening to Coughlin at all, that is, as opposed to engaging in their own little "Did I leave the iron on?" thought bubbles while he rants and raves like a parent in a Peanuts cartoon. Of course with Shockey it's probably more along the lines of "Why hasn't anyone asked me to the dance yet?" seeing as how his sideline histrionics have taken on the appearance of that of a teenage girl. All drama, no filler. I don't have anything to say on the contrived Strahan drama of last week...it's old news and his career is as good as done anyway. Stupid fucking Giants. Even Jeff Garcia pulls off a win on Monday night and if Jeff Garcia leads a team to a better record than this team, then...then it will be a sad sad day, and I will come up with an appropriate anti-celebration then. To make things just a bit better, I came down with the cold to end all colds on Sunday and really have not stopped sneezing/snotting all over myself since. Between working until 2 a.m. Sunday night and spending all day Monday in the library, I finally finished up with exactly 20 pages and a fine looking presentation. And at 10 p.m. Monday night I finally put an end to the misery that was the worst class I have ever taken ever. I have spent the last 2 days alternating between my bed and class and really nothing has gotten any better. In all honesty I have to spend the next 15 days straight in the library studying for 4 finals and it really makes me unhappy.
But today, my outlook has changed. I love my school. Why is that? One simple reason:
Free Chipotle Day.
Fuck yeah, things are looking up.

3 comments:

Dat RoRo Kid said...

The mixture of your current schedule and health situation would make me want to consider trepanation.

I, too, am congested. (sniff followed by brain wheez)

Anonymous said...

"I wake up every morning in a bed that's too small, drive my daughter to a school that costs too much, and then spend all day at a job that doesn't pay me enough.

But Free Chipotle Day? Oh I like Free Chipotle Day."

Captain Caveman said...

So even if Mr. Weinke happens to be the opposing QB this Sunday, I am sticking to my vow of remaining in the library and checking in on the Boys in Blue periodically in the student lounge.

Too bad. The Leitch-Ufford-Shanoff sports blog summit is happening at Cody's.